Red Rag Scottish Art Gallery Terms and Conditions
The information below covers the terms and conditions for Red Rag Scottish website use. These terms and conditions apply to the use of all Red Rag websites and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this Website.
Before you place an order for Scottish art, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact our gallery staff between the GMT hours of 10:00 and 17:00 daily.
1. All Scottish art orders received by Red Rag from the website are subject to availability of art works at the time of receipt and acceptance of order.
2. Acceptance of orders by Red Rag for Scottish art works are subject to clearance of funds and where applicable authorisation of debit and/or credit card details. Red Rag reserves the right to refuse acceptance of an order. The display of Art works on the Red Rag website amounts to an invitation to treat only and is not an offer to sell products or services at any price indicated. No contract for the supply of products or goods will be deemed to exist between you and Red Rag unless, and until, an email is sent by Red Rag to you confirming that your order has been accepted and payment has been successfully made. For the avoidance of doubt art work remains the property of Red Rag until cleared funds are received in full and Red Rag reserves the right to sell art work to other parties until such funds are received in full.
3. Terms and conditions of sale and all other matters concerning Red Rag websites are subject to the law of England where jurisdiction shall fall.
4. Customers buying Scottish art work from Red Rag Gallery accept responsibility for any taxation or charges levied in respect of importation of art works they have ordered.
5. Copyright in all images and Scottish art works purchased or featured on Red Rag Gallery websites vests in the artists and gallery as the case may be and in no case may any party reproduce such images.
6. Scottish art purchases will be processed in British pounds sterling and where applicable at the prevailing rate of exchange operated by our clearing merchant bank. In the event that Red Rag Gallery provides approximate conversion rate information in foreign currency this shall be for general guidance only.
7. In the event that any credit or debit card used by a customer to purchase Scottish art work has been used without relevant authority or otherwise improperly used the customer shall be obliged to return art works forthwith.
8. Customers warrant that they have authority to make Scottish art purchases from Red Rag Gallery in their own name and are 18 years of age or over.
9. Returns of Scottish art works
Red Rag wants all customers to be completely happy with Scottish art work purchases made from the website. Therefore customers may for any reason cancel an order within 7 days of receipt of art purchases and subject to the terms below receive a full refund for the art work. Customers may cancel the Scottish art work(s) purchased by sending a written notice of cancellation to the Red Rag gallery where the Scottish was purchased. Notification should be received by the gallery within 7 days of the date of delivery of the Scottish art work.
Customers wishing to return Scottish art work(s) do so at their own cost. Art work returned to Red Rag should be in original condition along with the packaging and with all relevant original documentation.
Customers wishing to return art works should do so within 14 days of notifying Red Rag that the art work is being returned. On returning the Scottish artwork, customers should make sure that the artwork is sent with proof of postage, proof of receipt and with adequate insurance so that matters of loss or damage can be dealt with separately. Customers are advised to keep all receipts.
Given cancellation and returns have been completed as outlined above Red Rag Gallery will issue a full refund of the purchase price for Scottish art work excluding any delivery charges. For the avoidance of doubt customers are responsible for paying the carriage and insurance for any returns.
10. Prices and charges
All advertised prices include UK taxes and are based on collection of art works from Red Rag Gallery.
Customers who require art works to be delivered will be subject to an additional charge to cover packing, postage and insurance.
Red Rag welcomes payment by Bank transfer, cheque, debit and Maestro cards.
Visa and Mastercard Credit Cards are also accepted by Red Rag.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy. Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent to The Manager or by writing to Red Rag Gallery, Church Street, Stow on the Wold, Gloucestershire, GL54 1BB. Alternatively, you can telephone 01451 832563.
Who are we?
Red Rag Gallery with trading addresses: 5-7 Church Street, Stow on the Wold, Gloucestershire, GL54 1BB and 24 Brock Street, Bath, BA1 2LN.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about our exhibiting programme or products for sale, leave us your details when in the gallery or if you register to receive one of our regular newsletters or updates from specific artists or genres.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address. If you purchase a product from us through our website, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
• process orders that you have submitted;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
• send you information about our exhibiting programme, our artists and artworks for sale, and any other information you have requested
• process a job application.
• For statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and it services to customers
• To administer this website and our associated websites.
• To notify customers or art works and art promotions that may be of interest
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We never sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, subcontractors and other organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to send you mailings). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and to ensure that they comply with the other requirements of the Data Protection laws.
When you purchase products from us via the website your payment details are processed by a third-party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us, then you can click the UNSUBSCRIBE link on any email or select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes on the online form on which we collect your information.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us on 01451 832563.
How you can update your informationThe accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please call us on 01451 832563 or write to us at Red Rag Gallery, Church Street, Stow on the Wold, GL54 1BB. Alternatively please use the contact form on our website.
Your rightsUnder certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party. If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us in writing.
If you would like to know what information we hold about you, please write to us at Red Rag Gallery, Church Street, Stow on the Wold, Gloucestershire, GL54 1BB. We will ask you for proof of identity and provide you with a response within 30 days.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with 128 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Transferring your information outside Europe
Some of the software tools we use have data centres or staff outside of the European Union. Where this is the case, we have chosen to work with companies who have demonstrated that they operate in ways that comply with UK law. For example, the US based companies whose software we use, have all signed up to the US-EU Privacy Shield. If you are not happy for us to share your data with those partners, please do not use our services.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.
Latest Scottish Art Show
New works from Jane Cruickshank
Scottish Art in Bath